Motherboard is an important element in the smooth processing of data carried on the computer. There was little damage to the motherboard will cause the entire system, because the motherboard is the place for all the hardware installed. From the video card, RAM, hard drive, optical drive that combines everything into one device, a port on the motherboard. The following is a list of common motherboard components:
- CPU Socket: This is use in a place with lots of processors and even a small hole for the pin of the processor.
- RAM slots: Used to install memory modules (RAM). For a modern motherboard, usually there are 4 slots DDR2 PC 6400 with a capacity of 8 GB and dual-channel configuration.
- Power Port: Old-type using a 20 +4 pin, while the new species will have a 24 pin +4. Through this relationship all the powers necessary for the proposed rule on food.
- ATA-Port: a new type of motherboard with this port. Usually there are 4-8 this is use for SATA hard drive interface. Cables that are used are generally smaller than the IDE cable. SATA technology is growing rapidly now for the next generation of SATA-2 for data rates up to 3 Gbit / s achieved
- IDE connector: Only in the former type of motherboard. To the hard drive and optical drive installed, this has a big wide cable.
- Chip set: a chip that regulates traffic on the system. There are 2 types of chipsets with different functions from each other. North bridge chip set is between the processor and memory slots. This is the chip set and processor memory modules can work together (the data traffic between the CPU and RAM). South Bridge-chip set is located at the bottom. When the bottom of the transformer or in the slot for graphics cards. Chip-Set for the management of traffic flow on the graphics card, hard drives and other devices using the motherboard.
- AGP / PCI Express: Used to install the video card. AGP slot is found only rarely in new ways, because the resulting bandwidth is not sufficient for the needs of graphics today. However, almost all motherboards use the PCI Express, with a larger bandwidth. In fact, some motherboards up to 4 PCI Express slots.
- PCI (Peripheral Component Interconnect): Is that space for additional maps, defined as sound cards, network cards, TV tuners and more. Working at a frequency of 33 MHz.
- BIOS (Basic Input Output System): a form of software, which is available on the motherboard, where the energy supplied by the battery installed on the motherboard. Initial configuration of the installed equipment can be accessed and modified by the BIOS.
Many motherboard manufacturers complete with additional features that improve hardware compatibility.